Sunday, April 17, 2005

Joi, To the World

Everything old is new again!

I am planning a trip itinerary to Berlin and then following that, to Cairo, then New York, back to Tokyo and then to Switzerland, and to Colorado and London, with a non-stop romp to Amsterdam, then an extended stay in Paris, and meeting with some start-up company in Brussels, and off to Cologne and Dusseldorf and finally to Iowa City, Iowa. Iowa grows corn or something I think. I will be giving a talk, it will be on the 'Emergence of Digital Lifestyle Socialization and Couch-Potato Tupperwareization and it's Global Implications for the Blogosphere and the Digital Society's Daily Vitalization and Yearly Pulsation in General.'
"Joi does fit the profile perfectly. He's intelligent, but an underachiever; alienated from normal society, addicted to fantasy worlds. Classic case for recruitment by the Bloggers."
Joi Ito Fawning Fan Club Meet-Up. I won't be there, but I expect a full report. Also take note: Second Life party! But in pesky REAL LIFE, not online. Second Life, better than the first, details in #ohjoyitdontgo (where all the cool peeps hang).

As you can see, I've set up a separate blog for my World of Warpcrap life. I'll try to post interesting things that happen. I was chatting with Beasthamburgermucher yesterday. She had recently turned level 51. I told her that she could go on Big Mac runs now if she went with good level 60s. What ensued was the most hilarious mustard wipe-a-thon I've ever been on. This hikikomori isn't all bad.
I've been workin' on the MMORPG
All the livelong day
I've been workin' on the MMORPG
just to pass the time away
Can't you hear the whistle blowin'
Rise up so early in the morn
Update on Emergent Democracy? Well, nothing to report. It wasn't really much more than a lucid dream, it needed community input and legislative action, that I never got (people just don't get it). And I get distracted too easy and can't focus, plus my travels, Lordy me, have you seen my schedule? I have important things to do, important Board Meetings to attend. I can't save the world all by myself you know. Plus, I have launched a campaign to depopulate Khadgar, the Khadgarsuckstoads.com project. If you find that people are mean to you, ninja your loot and won�€™t talk to you, try starting a toon in another realm and get the fuck out of Khadgar.

Mena? Mena who? Ben who? What? I can't hear you.

My thoughts about the State of the Blogosphere, with some extra material, and yet some more thoughts, still more thoughts, and you are not going to believe this, but still more recollections and thoughts, and as an added bonus, here's a guest blogger with their observations and thoughts on the State of the Blogosphere Union, but before I hand over the mike, you might want to take note of these additional thoughts. [paragraphs and paragraphs of meaningless statistics and charts].

FON is an innovative company that is starting a global-thermo movement. I am on the Advisory Board, even though I know nothing about telecomunications, but they are quite in-tune, and they totally get it, in reaching out to us blogging and World of Warpcrafters. So Advisory Board! Yay, another one, free travel, important meetings, meet and greet, discuss big big big ideas, play Warpcraft, but I avoid discussing anything SixFallingApart. Too many problems, tired of hearing from irate customers, DollarShort is right. And speaking of World of Warpcraft, it's the New Emergent Democracy Virtual Golf, The New Black and the New White too, The Real New Web 2.0, The New Second Life, the New New Google (minus the Search Engine thing), but it's really The New New NEW.

YouTube is a "cool" poster-child of the Web 2.0 trend, but doesn't meet the basic requirement of allowing the user to download videos from the site. While it is "sharing", it is what Larry is calling a "fake sharing site".

Wikipedia is God! Digital Communalism! No more Private Digital Property! Return of the Mega Collective Algorithms!

Oh I'll be in SF for the Creative Commumnist board thingie (more a party) this weekend. Will have some time to hang out and talk about blogs, blogging and bloggers and World of Warpcraft. All these travels, reminds me to write a piece about 'The Emergence of Slickr Digital Fuzzy Phone-Mobiler Flickrer Virtual Cameraizations.'

Pardon me, Wapcraft Time!
Is this a game or is it real?
Joishua: What's the difference?
Silly sushi video. Shall we play a game? Where in the World is Carmen San Joi Ito? Oh, maps show, Chateau Lessig, San Francisco.

Videofrogpadcasting, Remote Visual-Dishwashering and Nano-Particle Carpet-Cleaningizationals seem obvious candidates to take off, but any thoughts on what other new aspects of digital-lifestyle conceptual-framework socialization will emerge? What will be the next big Conference thing? But with whatever happens in primordially emerging developments, forming the formless formations into technological progress, don't forget to put me on the Advisory Boards. Hey, Varsavsky, I want lots of money, lots. I promise I will say good things. Your money buys my mouth.

I am a WiFi Addict. I need WiFi, and I need it now! Like now now. Like this very nano-second now. NOW! I once took a plane and it had NO WiFi. I was going nuts. After I got off the plane, I reflected on how my broadband addiction and obsession will never be satiated.

I spent part of the day today in court. This is probably the fifth time that I've had debt collectors of various sorts come after me because of guarantees that I've made. Japan is still a feudal nation. Sigh, back to World of Warpcraft.
"What you see on these screens up here is a fantasy; a computer enhanced hallucination!" - S. Falken