Friday, November 11, 2005

Doc Searls

People of Earth…we are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend; future events such as these will affect you in the future. Me and 4,399 of my closest blogger friends popped out of a ball of light right about here.

As for me, well, I have been keeping the faith, and yes it seems like I've been lost, still I would not be here now, if I never had the hunger, 'cause I never felt the desire, till the Cluetrain set me on fire. And then I was saved, yeah. That's why I'm keeping the faith, yeah, keeping the faith. Does this aspect ratio make me look fat?

Consulting, fame and glamour, six-figure speaking gigs, briefings, betas, books, groupies, parties, conversations with Earth People. The blogosphere is a huge tipping-point machine. More tips here please. If you are happy and you know it, clap your hands, your blog will surely show it, clap your hands.
In the Shadows of a Golden Age
A Generation waits for Dawn
Crumpled Bits of Postings
Filled with Imperfect Thought
Stilted Conversations
I'm Afraid that's All We've Got
Anyways, my latest photoset on Flickr was shot from a windowseat near the back of a United 757 en route from New York to San Francisco last week.

People are listening. And Markets really are conversations. Political Speeches are conversations, well minus President Bush, what that is no one knows. McDonalds drive-thru orders are conversations, even if they gave me the wrong type of sauce for my Chicken McNuggets. Whoever decided that I somehow now like Hot Mustard? Lots of conversations, sometimes people just need to take a ride on the Cluetrain. Whole lots of clues, no sense that everyone is taking delivery. And yes, yelling at the incompetent airline customer service person who screwed up my flight is a conversation. People have conversations. Earth People converse. Markets are Earth People conversing in Human Voices to other People of this Earth about matters important to real Humans who live on Planet Earth.

And then an amazing sunset this evening, after three days of rain. Couldn't decide which of these photos (taken over the pool in our front yard) was the best shot, so I put all four up.
Feel the power, you see the energy, coming on strong
The future only belongs to the future itself, in the hands of itself
It's true you can't fight it
Live by it. The next generation...
It's electric
I am immune to your consultations. So the days float through my eyes, still the posts seem the same. But that's why I'm keeping the faith, yeah, keeping the faith. Oh, the blog never ends, it just goes on and on and on and on. Don't stop believin', hold on to that feelin'. Keep the faith.

I also want to point out that it's possible for companies to "get" what's going on in a market and still not have the ability, or the nature, or the inclination, or whatever else it takes, to act on it. The solution? Long distance electrodes shot into the pineal and pituitary glands and then independently targeting particle beam phalanx.

[Keep the Faith. And let me help you with your positioning. I am available for consultancy here]
DocSpeak Demystified

Doc: The sky is purpleish brown green with red dots and grayish-yellow stripes.

No the sky is blue.

Doc: Well, the real issue is, what do we really mean by sky and how do we externally perceive it? And where does (what we mean by) sky exist? All skies are not “blue”, as on some planets somewhere, I think maybe, the sky could be purpleish brown green with red dots and grayish-yellow stripes. The sky is, in fact, multi-colored, it is just our false perception of what the internal makeup of this thing we call “blue” is to our imperfect human eyes. This false reality that forms our observation of what is, is in fact, not reality at all. Far out. Stop being so close minded and dogmatic. Link. Link. Link. Chill out. Link. Link. Link. Link. Peace. Link. Link. Link. Link. Link. Discuss.