Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tim O'Reilly


It's too darn bad that we can't have a real debate about my New-Agey Web 2.0 Other-Worldy Spacey-Mind-Trip ideas, rather than just all that cynical rhetoric that creates heat without shedding much light.

I've tried to be patient and reasonable. I am Mr. Reasonable. But anyone who disagress with me, is a cynical flesh-biting flea, who just doesn't get it.

I have been working on the content and gestalt of Emerging Telephony and Emerging Tech. And Emerging Banker's Check, Emerging Cashier's Check, Emerging Payroll Check, Emerging Polytech, Emerging Receptech, Emerging Triple Sec. Just come to my conferences, spend lots. We will talk and network. Did I mention spend lots? You have to be here to get anywhere you know. I write the rules. Emerging Speck, Emerging Fleck, Emerging Wreck.

Ancient New Age Secret. New Agey Spacey idea here, New Agey Mind-Expansion idea there, New Agey Drug-Trippy Meme Map here, New Agey Mondo-2000ish flowchart there.

Mix and match key phrases and buzzwords, update the Esalen 1970s themes, recast the Human Potential Movement into modern tech forms, throw in a Hero and a Devil, worship the transcendence of the Machine, toss random collective and participational half-cooked Memes like so many bacon bits, stir, Open-Source microwave and Enlightened-Mind reheat, bake in some generic Evolutionary Psychology, add a dash of Artificial Intelligence, play up a higher Religious Collective Consciousness, sprinkle in the usual Moore's Law lofty predictions and then magically conjure into something faintly passing for a sentence, work all into a paragraph and bingo — instant Tim.
Web 2.0 junction, what's your function?
Hooking up words and phrases and making 'em function.
Web 2.0 junction, how's that function?
I like tying up words and phrases and clauses.
Web 2.0 junction, watch that function.
Everything I do, I do for you.